Posted by : Unknown Sunday 6 July 2014

Project 1

In this part of project, we are assigned to produce a mask which represent our personality. This is also the very first project we got in this semester. I explored alot with the material and I ended up with my favorite thing, yoyo.
My mask and I

My board

Reflection:

In this project, I explored alot in my own personality and I even spend time talking with myself. People often call me yoyo boy back in my hometown and it really stands out who I really am, a professional national yoyo player. All my design that i fused into the mask stated my passion into this small toy which made simple amazing and capable to turn my world upside down.

Project 2

In this project, I had pour alot of effort which I never did in other project before. I love exploring and the exploration of the relationship between space and a person is interesting enough to attract my attention. We were assigned to design a life capsule for a person to live inside it for more than 24 hours.



Reflection:


I tried to built perfection in this project which I carry my experience working in my father's architecture firm into it. I was tasked to drawing detail orthographic drawing onto the board. I think the most interesting part of this project is how we recycle the unwanted space into the space we want to built without exceed the limitation. This was one of the toughest project I had as I am the leader of the group because I had poor leadership but then after I'd been through this project, I am confidence enough to lead a group in future!

Project 3A

Before we start designing the space for our client in our final project, we were assigned to study the element of the space of selected building of our choices. My group mates and I had chosen Boh Tea House located in Cameron Island.



Reflection:


The exploration of the element of the space is a very interesting journey. I had paid a visit at this place before when I was a kid, the design is very nice applied with the elements and principles. I felt like drinking a cup of tea when I stepped into this building shown the succession of this design.

Project 3B

Then, we were assigned to design a space related back in the part A which carry the element and principle of design to show our understanding with the space.



Reflection:


This is an easy project for me as I already had a little experience by working at my father's firm. However, this is still another route of my study which I explored more about the element and principles in this project, credit to my awesome tutor, Mr. James.


Project 3C
This is the last project I received in semester one, an awesome semester with my tutor, Mr. James. We were assigned to design a space for a celebrity or our idol. I came up my design for a 6 years old wonder of yoyo baby which ranked top 10 yoyo players in Asia named Kazuya Murata, a cute japanese kid with extreme talented yoyo skills.

Top View of my model

Side View of my model
Board 1

Board 2

Board 3

Reflection:

With the end of this project, I jotted a full stop in this module for my semester 1. This is another route for me as I put everything I learned into this final project which I think this is the best outcomes I ever had. However, I had quarrel with the invigilator as everything he question my design, I can answer it well as I think it's a little too perfect for him to ask about technical issue. Moreover, the invigilator still praise my design as it was not support to be appear in design studio I which is out of syllabus. I am proud of myself with the final outcomes. Mr. James had guided my alot in this project to built perfection after I suffered few weeks of sleepless night to built the model and presentation panel. 

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

- Copyright © Stanley Low Jia Cheng Portfolio - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -