Posted by : Unknown Sunday 6 July 2014

Building Material

Project 1: Space Out - the material cube

In this project, we are assigned to explore the characteristic of material of paper and wood.
After that, we have to create a cube with space each a material.
The size of the cube have to be 12inch x 12inch x 12inch.

top view of my paper cube
elevation view of my paper cube
perspective view of my paper cube
my cube and I


top view of my wood cube
elevation view of my wood cube
perspective view of my wood cube
my cube and I



the relationship of two cubes (hehehehe)


My Presentation Panel
Reflection:


From this project, I learned alot about the characteristic of material of paper and wood. I never know I can do so much things with only the characteristic. Unlike my other friends in class, I often like to draw and design my cube first before I was going to start to build my cube, I analyse every angle of the material clearly then only i start taking up my pencil and draw!

Project 2 : Materiality of Space - An Experiential Exploration

For this project, we have two parts which is Part A and Part B.

Part A is group work which we have to choose an interesting building to analyse and explore the building material used to construct the following building.
My group mates and I had chosen Pod Pavilion of PJCC located just beside the Pantai Dalam Highway in Petaling Jaya.
Board 1
Board 2
Board 3
Board 4
Reflection:


In this part of project, I learned how to cooperate with my group mates. I find group work is very very important in this part of project which we are given very short amount of time to finish this part. We divided works equally and I was assigned to collect and analyze the material from site. I learned alot about structure and also green technology by using material and how they save electricity with selection of materials. The project is kinda tough at first as we don't know where to begin our analyze of material but we manage to get it through at last.





Part B is individual part which we have to choose a colonial era shophouse and study the relationship of material and space.
There are always a reason our ancestor choose those material over others.

My Presentation Board
Reflection:


For this part of project, I get to know more about my hometown, Kuala Terengganu. I also discover those little secret such as the reason why they shaped the roof that way which I was wondering since kid. I also learned to appreciate the heritage as I realize how valuable it is. The time and weather might corrode the building but its will be remain as culture and spirit deep in our heart.

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

- Copyright © Stanley Low Jia Cheng Portfolio - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -