Posted by : Unknown Sunday 6 July 2014

Culture and History

Project 1A

In this part of project, my group mates and I are required to set up a discussion forum with research of a selected ancient building. The building given are : Erechtheum of Greece.

Discussion Forum Link:

Reflection:

I learned alot in this project especially the history of Greece and also the name of their gods. I like the exploration part where I find those information interesting as I don't really have much interest in history subject since high school. Yet I think after being through this project, I gain many knowledge that even I can collect those information from movies.

Project 1B

For this part of project, we are assigned to produce a presentation board of our selected building base on the topic given. My topic is drawing those detail plan, elevation and etc.

my board

Reflection:

I find this project is very helpful as after i summaries the information, I'll keep those info in my mind until the end of my life. As an architecture student, I love to draw especially orthographic technical drawing, I'd been touch up alot architecture info from this part of project which including information like light penetration, architecture era, placement of sculpture and etc.

Project 1C

In this part of project, we have to produce an abstract model of our selected building, Erechtheum. The maximum size of the model is 30cm x 30cm as base.
my group's model

my group mates and final outcomes
Reflection:

From this project, I learned that cooperation is very important especially we only given very short period of time to produce the model. From the selection of size until the gluing job, we break it down and divided equally to everyone. I also love this project as making model is one of my favorite part. The model making is kinda tough as we have to carve very small size of the pediment and sculpture which we have total zero experience before.


Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

- Copyright © Stanley Low Jia Cheng Portfolio - Skyblue - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -